Dental Implants in Elk Grove
Dental implants have been used for decades, and they’ve only gotten better in recent years. They are incredibly strong, totally stable, designed to last for decades, and they deliver a level of confidence and control that you can’t get with traditional dentures or bridges. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Thomas Tinney today, and you’ll quickly know if you are a viable candidate for this safe and effective procedure.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants consist of small, titanium posts that serve as a replacement for the root portion of a missing tooth. The implant is placed in the bone and provides a base for your replacement crown. Most patients can’t tell the difference between their natural teeth and the implant tooth.
After you meet with Dr. Tinney, you will be scheduled with a specialist to have the implants placed. The implants are placed within the jawbone and then given time to integrate. Once this is complete, the abutment and crown can be attached, which then creates the appearance of an entire healthy tooth. Within weeks you’ll enjoy a healthy and comfortable smile!
All-On-Four Dental Implants and Permanent Dentures
For patients in need of a full oral makeover, the All-on-4 method provides a convenient measure that utilizes four implants per arch. These posts retain dentures that are far more durable than traditional appliances and designed to be a permanent solution. Implant supported dentures allow you to eat whatever you want and talk without worrying about your appliance affecting your speech.
Dental implants reinforce your oral structure and prevent premature aging of your face; without adequate jawbone strength, gravity will take a toll on your appearance. With implants and permanent dentures in place, you can live healthily and confidently once again.
Dental implants replace a lost tooth from root to crown, preserving optimal jaw bone density. The implant post does this by stimulating surrounding tissues and encouraging healthy development. Implants are typically more durable than removable teeth and provide a more natural replacement solution.
Benefits of Top-Quality Dental Implants
- Your new implants will eliminate all the dietary restrictions related to artificial teeth or dentures.
- Dental implants won’t slip in the mouth or shift position like dentures can, and they don’t require you to use any of the chemical-based adhesives that denture wearers are all too familiar with.
- They will look and feel just like real teeth, so you can confidently smile and eliminate any of the aesthetic concerns or embarrassing moments that denture wearers endure.
- Dental implants won’t block part of the palate like a denture can, so you’ll enjoy all the flavors of your favorite foods.
- Dental implants fuse to the jawbone, which can strengthen the entire area and makes for a healthier mouth. They can minimize bone loss in most patients.
- Caring for dental implants is the same as for normal teeth - brush, floss, use an approved mouthwash and visit the dentist every six months as usual.
Dr. Thomas Tinney and his team offer dental implants using the latest technology and can help you create an implant supported oral health plan based on your specific needs. We can help you look and feel better, regain your self-esteem, and have a better quality of life with dental implants. Contact us in Elk Grove today for a comprehensive evaluation and see if dental implant treatment is right for you.