In a perfect world, our natural teeth should last for a life time. Unfortunately, most of us will loose teeth over the years due to gum disease, decay, trauma or bite disease. Until recently, tooth replacement meant fixed bridgework or removable dentures. Now, dental implants are the standard of care for replacement teeth. Dental implants can provide permanent, stable, attractive replacement teeth for a lifelong smile!
“What are dental implants?”
- Dental Implants are artificial “roots” anchored into the jawbone, like natural tooth roots.
- Custom designed replacement teeth attach into the implant roots.
- Dental implants look and feel so natural, you may forget you ever lost a tooth! No one will ever know that you have an implant replacement tooth.
“How are dental implants gonna help me?”
- Tooth-savers: Dental implants save neighboring natural teeth by avoiding them. Natural teeth are untouched. Dental implants help to preserve bone around the neighboring natural teeth. This improves health, longevity and appearances of your natural teeth!
- Replace a single missing tooth: Dental implants replace missing teeth with an independent implant root and crown. This will also preserve and restore the facial bone which is normally lost after a tooth is removed.
- Replace several missing teeth: If you are missing several teeth, you can have permanent, natural looking and functioning teeth rather than removable partial dentures.
- Replace all of your teeth: Instead of traditional dentures, full arch implant replacement teeth can be made. These restorations are permanently fixed (never coming out), or removable but firmly attached. They look, feel and function like natural teeth. Either way you’ll have no more loose plates; no more adhesive; no more sore spots; and no more plastic covering the roof of your mouth!
- Enhance both your smile and facial appearance: Your teeth, supporting jawbone and gums provide form and shape to the lower face.
- These structures give natural fullness to the lips and cheeks. They balance and preserve your lower facial features.
- Tooth loss always causes loss of jawbone and shrinkage of the gums. This collapse of supportive structures in the face can affect facial appearance.
- Dental implants can resolve these complications. They look and feel like natural teeth!
- Patients are attracted to dental implants because…dental implants can provide superior form, function, longevity and beauty.
“Are dental implants appropriate for me?”
- After many decades, dental implants continue to denonstrate outstanding value and longevity. They outlast and outperform traditional bridgework and removable dentures.
- Today, dental implants are considered to be the standard of care for natural tooth replacement.
- In a lifetime of good dental health, implants are less invasive and lower in cost than traditional bridgework.
- Initial cost of dental implants is higher initially, than traditional bridgework but after you pay for one bridge replacement, the implant is cheaper. You can expect a bridge to do a good job if it lasts 10 years. An implant will generally outlast you!
- Traditional bridgework and removable dentures will require multiple replacements. Over a lifetime, the cost of these additional replacement procedures may also exceed the cost of dental implants.
- In the long run dental implants provide significant financial savings (and freedom from the need of multiple replacement procedures).
Diagnosis: To find out if dental implants are right for you, you’ll need a comprehensive examination. We can help you decide if implants are right for you by evaluating your medical history, examining your gums, bones, teeth, TMJ (jaw joints) taking
impressions and x-rays. Careful analysis of your bite and chewing functions is also important. Gum care and ongoing control of gum health is necessary. Uncontrolled gum disease can destroy implants.
Treatment planning: Implant replacement teeth can be made so they never come out, just like having natural teeth. Or, they can also be removable (but solid and firmly attached), much like natural teeth. They can be custom designed to fit your individual needs.
Whether you are 15 or 88 years old,dental implants can be an option for you!
“What’s it like to have implants done?”
You can be awake or totally asleep for your implant “root” placement. Specialists (oral surgeons or periodontists) will place the implant “root” into your jawbone.
Sometimes bone grafting is required. Your surgeon will review these procedures with you prior to replacement.
Typically dental implants remain submerged under the gums for 3-4 months so that your bone bonds to the implant. Afterwards, your restorative dentist will design replacement teeth and attach them into the implant roots following completion of implant surgery and healing.
Placement of your new teeth into the implant roots is non-invasive… no shots are necessary! No drilling is needed.
Your implant replacement teeth should be treated just like natural teeth. Even though they will never decay, they should be brushed and flossed daily.
“Do implants look and feel natural?”
Bone loss will always follow the loss of a tooth. It can affect your appearance, your speech, your ability to enjoy food, and your self-esteem. If bone is lost even from a single tooth, it will also affect the support required by the remaining adjacent teeth. Dental Implants are no longer reserved for only special or extreme cases of bone loss, and have become a preventive tool as well as a restorative one. They can be used to replace a single tooth or an entire set of teeth before further bone damage occurs. They can even be used to anchor dentures or bridgework.
Patients are attracted to Dental Implants because they look and feel so much like natural teeth. They keep gums looking healthy and young as well.
Dental Implants are root-like pegs made of titanium that are placed in the jawbone. The titanium becomes anchored to the surrounding bone, just like your natural root, and replacement teeth are permanently attached.
To find out if you are a candidate for Dental Implants, you’ll need a comprehensive dental examination with x-rays. It will ensure that you are a good candidate for implants, and answer any questions you may have in determining how Dental Implants are the right solution for your smile.
“Patients are attracted to Dental Implants because they look and feel so much like natural teeth”.
All-On-Four Dental Implants
Would you believe it if we told you that you could receive 4 implants on the top and bottom of your mouth in much less time than you thought and have the radiant, beautiful smile you’ve always wanted? In fact, all teeth can be removed and attached to implants and in mouth one day! Well with the help of new technology, the ‘All-on-Four’ dental implants are becoming more and more common.
You may not know it but most adults are missing more than 2-3 teeth and we lose more as we age, of course. Here’s something very interesting though, almost 40 million Americans are missing their entire upper and lower teeth. We understand when missing all of those teeth, it can be painful at times. That’s why we alleviate and in some cases fully eliminate any pain by what ‘All-on-Four’ method of implants.
This is where it gets truly fascinating: You needn’t bother with an implant for every single one of your missing teeth. All you need is four implants on the highest point of your mouth, and four on the base, to restore your full, natural smile. That is the magnificence of the ‘all-on-four’ method. Furthermore, in light of the fact that the implant is forged of titanium, it has the extraordinary capacity to cling to living bone and integrate itself as an actual part of the bone. So in the long run, the implant turns out to be a piece of the jawbone and serves as a during and dependable base for your teeth.
Konus Implant System
Let’s face it; these days if you have all of your teeth in your mouth until your mid-40’s you are very fortunate. More and more adults are experiencing teeth falling out and or breaking, whether it is because of diet, neglect or just an accident. Rest assured, Konus is here to revolutionize your experience and quality of life with dental implants.
Developed and manufactured in Germany, this quality of implant is absolutely unmatched when looking at materials used, quality of facility, caliber of engineers and overall aesthetics.
With the help of technology the Konus implant has been able to give an optimal load dispersion onto the abutment, this allows for optimal setting in the tooth. Konus also boats bacterial seals and micro-free movement, ensuring a strong hold.
Truly a revolutionary way to do implants while utilizing a much higher quality than almost any office in our area! Give us a call today concerning your dental implants!