Is Sedation Dentistry right for me?
Dental sedation is for anyone who has:
- Very sensitive teeth
- Very sensitive gums and oral tissues
- Low pain threshold (even “little” things hurt)
- Haven’t been to the dentist for 5 years or longer
- Complex dental problems
- Embarrassment about the condition of their teeth
- Limited time to complete dental care
Dental sedation is for people who…
- Hate going to the dentist
- Hate needles and shots
- Hate the smell and noises of dentistry
- Have had negative dental experiences
- Are nervous, fearful or dread dental care
- Want to get their dentistry done all at once!
- Want to have no memory of dental procedures
How Does Sedation Dentistry Work?
With our technique of oral sedation you should feel no fear, no dread and no pain. Nothing begins until total comfort is fully achieved. You’re given a pill to take at home, one hour before your appointment. Your designated companion will bring you to our office. Upon arriving you’ll be seated, your vital signs checked and monitored by pulseoximitry. Usually another pill is given at this time. When full, complete comfort and sedation is achieved, then your work begins.
Why Should I Consider Sedation Dentistry?
Do you have ongoing, unresolved dental problems? Do you have trouble finding time to see your dentist? Have you been putting it off for a while… or for a long time? Extensive, complex dental problems evolve rapidly and usually have with no signs of problems. Procedures which typically take between six to eight appointments can be completed in as little as one or two visits! With dental sedation, years worth of dental neglect can be overcome in one or two visits… wakeup with little or no memory of what was done.
What Medication are Used? How Safe Is It?
Our most common sedation technique uses the sedative Triazolam in the lowest dose known to achieve light, conscious sedation. Its a pill. Your vital signs stay normal. You can “snooze” all the way throughout your appointment and yet remain responsive and cooperative at all times. You are never left alone, staff are always with you at the dental chair. The sedation medicine can be reversed simply and immediately.
Our technique of dental sedation is very popular with our patients because it really works well! You can “snooze” all the way through your dental appointment…You will awaken refreshed with little or no memory of what was done. It is safe and proven 100% successful (in our office) in over 450 cases (at the time this article was written).
Whether your appointment is long or short you’ll wake up refreshed with little or no memory of dental procedures.
I’m nervous. I dread coming to see the Dentist.
- Take some time to fill out this form. (pdf file of the questionnaire should be here-dental anxiety network.)
- Bring it with you, to our office for a free consultation with Dr Tinney.
- Doctor will talk to you about your questions and concerns in a comfortable setting – not in a dental chair.
- No treatment of any kind will be done at this meeting. No examination of any kind will be done either.
- This is just a meeting with Dr Tinney or staff (whichever you prefer) to discuss your concerns.
- Please call in advance to schedule your free “Sedation Dentistry”